Authorisation for transfer of body remains for inhumation in morocco
This authorization is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in Morocco.
For this purpose, a request must be made to the consular services depending on theplace of death.
To expedite the granting of this authorisation, the following information must be provided in advance to the consular services:
- Name and surname of the deceased;
- Date and place of death;
- Cause of death;
- Complete filiations of the deceased;
- Address and telephone number of the family in Morocco;
- Copy of the CNIE or the Moroccan passport of the deceased, if failing that, CNIE of the deceased and a copy of the CNIE or the Moroccan passport of a close relative;
- Place of burial in Morocco;
- Date of arrival of the body to Morocco;
- Border of entry of the remains;
- Proof of funds to pay for repatriation costs (insurance or other)
To withdraw the authorisation, the following documents must be produced:
- Death certificate;
- Copy of the CNIE or the Moroccan passport of the deceased, or failing that, CNIE of the deceased and a copy of the CNIE or the Moroccan passport of a close relative;
- Hermetic beer certificate issued by a funeral home;
- Health certificate of non-contagious diseases established by the competent medical authority;
- Authorisation to leave the territory, issued by the competent local administrative authority.
These documents, along with the authorisation of entry of the body to Morocco issued by the consular services, is obligatorily to be produced in duplicate to accompany the coffin.
The remains/body must be received at the border crossing point in Morocco by the person who has committed to this end.
For the transcription of the death on the register of civil status with the consular services: See "Transcription of Death on the Civil Registry and Family Record".
The passport and the CNIE must be handed over to the consular services for cancellation.