Delivery of the biometric passport
- The biometric passport is an individual travel document. It is delivered without condition of age to any Moroccan citizen who requests it, except in cases of which a court order states otherwise.
- The biometric passport has validity of 5 years for adults and 3 years for children of less than three years old;
- The biometric passport is not extendible;
- The biometric passport is delivered on request of interested party or its legal representative in case of minors or persons placed under supervision;
- The biometric passport request is lodged at the Consular Service against a proof of receipt;
- For the adults, the biometric passport is established on the basis of the ID or a receipt of the request for getting the ID, delivered by the qualified Consular Service.
- For the minors of less than 12 years, who do not have an ID, the biometric passport will be established on the basis of birth certificate;
- The minors from 12 to 18 years old, not holders of an ID, who wish to obtain a passport,are invited to present themselves, at the Consular Service at the place of their residences, for fingerprints to be taken.
The file of the request of the biometric passport is deposited, against receipt, by the interested party, his representative or his legal guardian at the Consular Service of the place of residence.
The presence of the applicant is obligatory at the time of the request;
The minors must be accompanied by their representatives or legal guardians.
The representative or the legal guardian must provide:
- His/her CNIE(Original + photocopy);
- A document in proof of the quality of legal representative if it is about a person other than the father or the mother;
The receipt will be required during the withdrawal of the passport.
In the event of deterioration, of loss of the old passport: it must be produced a declaration by the interested party, his guardian or his legal representative, legalized by the Consular Services or local authorities.
The case of an adult person
- Updated consular registration;
- A valid CNIE(original + photocopy) or a photocopy of the receipt of application for the delivery or renewal of the CNIE.
- In the event of submitting the CNIE application receipt, the interested party must also provide a birth certificate or an integral copy of the birth certificate less than 6 months old;
- Two identical and recent passport photographs on white background or light blue background of format 35 mm X 45 mm;
Case of adult person under guardianship
In addition to the documents for the major person:
- Identity document of the legal representative (original + copy);
- A document in proof of the quality of legal representative and bond with the person under supervision, if it is about a legal representative other than that of the father or mother;
- Obligatory presence of the person under supervision and his/her legal representative.
The Case of a minor aged between 12 and 18 years:
- An updated Consular registration;
- A valid CNIE (original + copy) or a photocopy of the receipt of application for the delivery or the renewal of the ID.
- In the event of Introduction of the receipt of application of the CNIE, the interested party must also provide a birth certificate or an integral copy of the birth certificate, less than 6 months old;
- Two identical and recent passport photographs on white or light blue background in a 35 mm X 45 mm format;
- In the event of renewal, the old passport must be provided.
The Case of minors of less than 12 years of age:
- Registration at the qualified Consular Service;
- A birth certificate or an integral copy of the birth certificate, less than 6 months old,or copies of family record book (the old “booklet of identity and marital status” is not accepted).
- This document must mention the full name of interested and the names of his/her parents in Arabic language and Latin characters.
- Two identical and recent passport photographs on white or light blue background of format 35 mm X 45 mm.
In the case of a renewal, the old passport must be presented.
Associated e-public services
This page directs you to the on-line services of the Moroccan Public administrations associated to the desired service performance.