Moroccan nationality certificate for children born to a Moroccan mother and a foreign father
Any child born to a Moroccan mother and wishing to regularise his/her situation in the light of the new provisions of the nationality code, must proceed to the transcription of his/her birth in the registers of the Moroccan civil status.
Two cases arise:
- The child born before the 2 of April2007(publishing date of the nationality code): The transcription of his birth on the Moroccan civil registry will be done on production of a certificate of Moroccan nationality.
- The child born after the 2 of April2007 The transcription of his birth takes place directly with the competent consular services without the need for a nationality certificate.
In the case of a child born before the 2 of april 2007
- Child's identity document (identity card, residence card, passport, birth certificate, ...)
- Complete copy of the birth certificate of the child (parentage attached to the mother);
- Complete copy of the birth certificate of the Moroccan mother, not exceeding six (06) months;
- Photocopy of the ID of the mother, legalized by the consular services;
- Two (2) photos of the child;
- Copy of the marriage certificate, if applicable.
The application for the issue of this certificate may be:
- Filed directly by the public prosecutor of the King at the court of first instance of the last place of residence of the applicant in Morocco or at his place of birth or, failing that, with the Kin's public prosecutor at the court of first instance in Rabat;
- Or sent via the consular services to the competent court in Morocco.