Recognition of paternity of a child (Istilhaq)
The production of a paternity recognition document is imperative to prove the relationship.
This document is generally required by the consular services when transcribing a birth if the child was born before the date of the conclusion of the marriage or during the six (06) months following that date.
Recognition of paternity of a child may be made by a marriage official form or by a signed handwritten declaration, made by the father, and legalised at the Consulate.
- Birth certificate of the child, if applicable;
- Birth certificate of the father or his CNIE;
- birth certificate of the mother or her CNIE;
- Marriage certificate, if applicable;
- Identity cards of the parents.