Request to the Moroccan authorities to pay the cost of repatriating for cases of families in need
The Ministry in Charge of Moroccans Residing Abroad and Migration Affairs is responsible for the repatriation costs of the remains/body of Moroccans who died abroad and have no insurance and their families cannot afford to pay, from their host country to the address of their families in Morocco.
Proof of the indigence of the deceased and his family are required
The file must be submitted to the consular services which will forward it to the Ministry in Charge of Moroccans Residing Abroad and Migration Affairs for decision. It may also be filed directly to the said Department.
- Information sheet on the financial situation of the deceased and the applicant;
- Written signed Declaration (state of indigence of the family and the deceased);
- Certificate of non-taxation of the deceased in Morocco or proof of receipt of social assistance or pension from the host country or copy of the last payslip or certificate of unemployment of the deceased or declaration of taxes or bank statement;
- Proof of a stay of more than six (06) months abroad ;
- Attestation of indigence for the person concerned by the consular services;
- Indigence of the family of the deceased applied by the consular services if they live abroad;
- Indigence of the family issued by the Moroccan authorities if they live in Morocco;
- Attendance at the airport of arrival for the reception of the coffin.