Temporary admission of cars into Morocco
To temporarily import a car registered abroad, a declaration of temporary admission must be made at the arrival border post. A customs agent receives the declarations aboard the ships Crossing to the Kingdom or at the customs office at the port of entry.
The insurance (green chart) must cover the Moroccan territory, if not; a subscription of insurance can be made at the border counters and offices.
A vehicle having stayed six (6) months in Morocco can not benefit from the regime of temporary admission during the same calendar year, even if the vehicle in question would be imported by a third person having a power of attorney.
- Original of the vehicle registration certificate;
- Passport of the applicant;
- Insurance covering the Moroccan territory;
- Power of attorney of the owner of the vehicle (if the vehicle belonging to a third party). The power of attorney must be legalized by the local authorities of the place of residence abroad by the owner of the car, or legalized with the Moroccan consular services of the country of residence;
- For rented cars: Rental agreement specifying the approval of the rental company that the vehicle in question will be taken to Morocco..